That feeling when you are asked for a remedy for a particular disease and you were able to suggest a solution that worked. Last week I visited an old family friend and it happened that her sister was down with eczema. My friend couldn’t contain his excitement seeing me. He said my coming to visit was just a stroke of luck – his sister was just about to go see a doctor. He had so much confidence that I have the solution to her eczema infection. Fortunately for me I do – firstly I need to say that am no miracle healer, am just a guy passionate about home remedies, so it drives me to read more about them. Eczema is not contagious and is usually caused by hypersensitivity reaction to an allergen. I have seen apple cider vinegar work in several cases before now, so I had no doubt about its efficacy. Fortunately for my friend they have a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar lying in the kitchen.
Why is Vinegar so Potent in the treatment of Eczema?
- Vinegar is an excellent source of acetic, lactic and malic acids – which contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which help fight skin infections, dry skin and relives inflammation, itchiness and dryness. Vinegar contain beta-carotene, which supports cell renewals.
- Vinegar is also an excellent source of potassium, which helps balance the pH level of the skin and deal with allergic situations.
- Vinegar is rich in a wide array of essential vitamins, minerals – which includes pectin, sodium, magnesium, potassium, iron, calcium, phosphorous, Sulphur and iron – all of which helps strengthen the immunes system and control eczema.
- It might also interest you to know that apple cider vinegar is a rich source of fiber which is highly useful in flushing away of toxins that leads to eczema
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema
Apple cider vinegar can stand on its own or used in combination with other ingredient to create for remedy eczema. Below are various fun and easy ways to use Apple cider vinegar for eczema. You don’t need to break the bank to do this. Just make do with some of the ingredients you can easily find in your kitchen
ACV Diluted in Water
If you can only lay your hands on ACV, there is nothing to worry about. It can do the work on its own. This is due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties. When applied to the eczema-affected skin, it gives instant relief.
- 2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup of Water
- 3 Cotton Balls
Direction: Add a reasonable quantity of apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and add water to it. With the aid of a cotton swab apply the solution to the affected area. Repeat this remedy till you get the desired result. If you have a sensitive skin combine 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar with ½ water
Apple Cider Vinegar Bath
Having a vinegar bath have also proven to be very helpful with eczema. This remedy can also be taken a little bit further by adding sunflower oil to your bath water. Doing this helps treat the patches developed on the skin
- A bathtub
- ½ cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
- A Moisturizer
Directions: Start by adding ACV into your bath water and gently soak yourself into it for about 15 minutes. Come out from the water and pat dry with a clean towel. After which you apply a moisturizer of your choice. Try your best to do this every day till you get your desired result
Taking ACV Orally
ACV can also be taken orally to help strengthen your immune system and prevent the reoccurrence of eczema. But remember to always dilute it before taking it orally. If you are suffering from heart burn or peptic ulcer, taking ACV orally is not advisable – because ACV is acidic and can cause you irritation.
- 1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Water
Direction: Dilute one tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 cup of water – drink this mixture afterwards. This remedy should be follow at least 2 to 3 times daily to get rid of eczema and strengthen your immune system.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda
I know you are eagerly expecting this combination, the both just makes for a great combination and it’s very effective in the treatment of eczema. The combination is great for creating a bacteria unfriendly pH level.
- 2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Baking Soda
- 1 cup Water
Process: Add 1 tsp of ACV and ¼ tsp of baking soda to one cup of water. Stir the mixture thoroughly and drink this daily till you get rid of eczema. You can add 1 tsp of honey if you wish.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
This combination is very effective in the cure of eczema – honey is well known for its ability to remedy several skin disease. When applied to the infected area can reduce inflammation and irritation. Its antibacterial properties also help kill bad bacteria.
- 2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 glass of Water
Process: Add ACV and honey to one glass of water. Stir the mixture thoroughly and drink. This remedy should be taken three times daily with meals till eczema leaves.
- Dear ones, please for your safety please ensure you always dilute your ACV before taking it orally or topically. ACV is very strong and can cause severe burning sensation if taken without diluting it.
- Is best you avoid the usage of perfumes and other harsh soaps at the time being to avoid irritation and further damage to your skin.
- If you are diabetic, I strongly advise you don’t take ACV orally
- Before you use ACV. I suggest you do a simple test to ascertain if you are allergic to it. This can be done by using the patch test. Simple apply a small amount to your skin and wait for a few minute
- If you are pregnant please do not take ACV orally – because it can harm the little one
- Try as must as possible to always keep your skin moisturize. Dry skin can greatly encourage eczema
- Food such as peanuts, milk, soy, wheat, fish and eggs should be avoided at the moment, because it can worsen the situation.
- Please do take your health serious, your lifestyle do have great impact on eczema. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Try as possible to live a stress free life.
- Take measure to stop frequent sweating – frequent sweating can irritate your skin.
I hope you found what you are looking for in this piece, may God bless you as you read The Nature’s Farmacy