We all know that drinking water is one of the keys to a good health, and when the case is weight loss, water plays a major role. Most of us already know about the water therapy diet, but for those who don’t, I will be treating both topics in this article: The Amazing Benefits of Water Therapy and Infused water
Water therapy diet is a fad diet promoted as a cleanse or detox. It is also known as Indian, Chinese, or Japanese Water Therapy and it’s known to have a wide range of health benefits. When you embark on water therapy, at first you will experience multiple bowel movements until your body adjusts to the increased amount of fluid. The water therapy helps purify the colon and helps improve the stomach’s chances of absorbing nutrients properly. It will also amaze you to know that the water therapy is one of the secrets behind glowing skin. At least, that’s the reason I embarked on my first water therapy. It does this by removing the toxins from the blood and improves the creation of new blood cells as well as muscle cells, and aids in weight loss. The therapy balances your lymph system, which helps you perform your daily functions. Also, balances your body fluids and fights infections. Drinking at least 16 ounces of chilled water can boost your metabolism by 24% in the morning, which in turn helps you lose weight.
How to do Water Therapy
The first thing when you wake up in the morning, before you even brush your teeth or wash your face, drink 6 cups of water at once, then wait an hour before having breakfast.
It doesn’t stop at drinking water each morning. If you want a rapid result, take it even further by drinking at least 250 – 500ml of water before each meal, and 2 hours before going to bed drink 300 – 600ml of water. All of this amounts to between 1200 – 2,450ml of water daily. I told a friend of mine about this therapy, and he decided to give it a shot. After two months he came back to narrate his experience. He told me his breakfast tasted better, his skin had started to glow, and his body has become immune to common diseases like common colds and coughs.
A Japanese medical society found water therapy to be a 100% cure for Arthritis, Epilepsy, Bronchitis, Tuberculosis, Meningitis, Diarrhea, Throat Diseases, and many other ailments. People suffering from Arthritis and Rheumatism are advised to practise Water Therapy three times a day for one week and thereafter once a day. While following this therapy, one should drink water two hours after a meal.
Now we are done with water therapy let’s take it even further and talk about the infused water. My first experience with infused water was the lemon water.
Below are a few benefits of infused water:
- Drinking infused water has greatly helped me to reduce muscular fatigue while working out, and it helps me recuperate faster after working out.
- Drinking infused water also helps to flush out toxins from your system and fills you up, so you eat less junk.
- A daily intake of infused water will help you release fat cells and keep your organs healthy while you’re sweating
- It also helps improve your mood.
I believe by now you get the whole picture of what this article is all about and why you should drink more water. Without wasting much more of your time, let’s get down to my top 6 infused water recipes.
Lemon Infused Water:
I started with lemon water, which launched me into the world of infused waters. Lemon aids in weight loss and helps to cleanse the liver. A study published in the Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition in 2008 found that mice given lemon polyphenols gained less weight and body fat than those not given these antioxidants. Drinking lemon water is an easy and flavourful way to replace more caloric beverages and potentially increase your weight loss. Since this is the king of infused water detox, I made an extra attempt to include its various benefits.
- The peptic fiber in lemon water is beneficial for your colon health and serves as an antibacterial agent.
- Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C and other essential nutrients that help to protect the body and boost the immune system. At a point in my life, I was living an uber-unhealthy lifestyle and almost ended up in a hospital. A friend of mine told me that drinking lemon water first thing every morning can help remedy the situation. I was skeptical at first because lemon by itself is acidic. I gave it a try and it really helped to balance out my pH level.
- Lemon water helps aids digestion and encourage the production of bile.
- Lemon water is a great source of potassium, calcium, phosphorous, and magnesium, which are all vital for body function.
- Drinking lemon water helps dissolve uric acid and reduce pain and inflammation in joints and knees.
- Are you down with a cold? Lemon water is definitely your best bet to remedy this.
- Lemon is rich in potassium, which helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
- Lemon water provides energy to the liver by strengthening the cells.
- Lemon water helps remedy heartburn and balances the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver.
- If beauty is your goal, then drink a glass of lemon water daily. It prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne.
- It maintains your eye health and helps fight eye problems.
- Finally, it helps replenish the salt content in your body after a strenuous workout.
Apple Cinnamon Water Recipe:
I’m so in love with this recipe, I discovered it back in 2013 and ever since then, it has been my personal favorite. Please note that it’s best to slice your apples very thinly, as doing so allows more juice and flavor to seep into the water. Also, for a more flavorful infusion, when drinking the water to about 2/3rds of the way down, top it with cold water and stick the jar back in the fridge for a couple of hours. The second infusion will almost be as flavourful as the first.
Let’s dive right into the ingredients present on our infusion.
- Apples are rich in antioxidant and flavonoids, which includes vitamin C and B complex.
These phytonutrients and antioxidants help to reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart diseases.
- On the other hand, cinnamon also has immense benefits, which includes lowering cholesterol, fighting diabetes, and relieving arthritis pain. It is also great for regulating blood sugar and for mental alertness. Let’s jump right down to the processes involved in this.
- 1 Apple
- 1 Cinnamon Stick. (I strongly suggest you keep to cinnamon sticks because the powdered cinnamon clogs the water)
- Drop your apple slices into the bottom of the pitcher, add the cinnamon stick, and place in your fridge for about 1 hour before serving.
Lemon Lime Infuse Water
This is another recipe for rapid success in your weight loss and good health. If you read the lemon infused water section, Then there is no need for further elaboration about the benefits of lemon, but I will elaborate some of the benefits of lime.
- Lime is extremely good for skin care, and its natural oil is beneficial for your skin when consumed orally or applied externally. It rejuvenates your skin while keeping its shine. Lime contains anti-oxidants, such as vitamin C and flavonoid, which helps nourish the skin.
- Lime aids in digestion. The digestive saliva floods your mouth even before you taste it. The compounds found in the fragrant oils extracted from lime, stimulate the digestive system and increase secretion of digestive juices, bile, and acids.
- Lime helps clear the excretory system by washing and cleaning your tracks. This is due to its acidity.
- Lime contains a high level of soluble fiber, which makes it an ideal diet for blood sugar regulation.
- The same soluble fiber that helps diabetics also helps keep heart disease at bay.
- Ulcers can be remedied by lemon, because of the presence of special flavonoids called limonoids, which have special antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic, antibiotic, and detoxifying properties that stimulate the healing of peptic ulcer.
- When uric acid builds up in your body, it can sometimes lead to arthritis. Lime helps the body get rid of arthritis.
- Taking a glass of infused lime water can greatly help you lose weight.
- The citric acid present in lime is an excellent fat burner.
- Lime contains high potassium content, which helps rid the body of toxic substances that gets deposited in the kidneys and the urinary bladder.
- Piles are uncomfortable conditions that occur in the anal region and can result in bleeding and great discomfort. Lime water helps to eradicate the root cause of pile.
- Gout is mostly caused by excess free radical and toxins accumulation in the body. Regular intake of lime water helps detox the body from these harmful substances.
- If someone is suffering from fever, lime juice can be of great importance.
Now we are done with the benefits of lime let’s dive straight into making our sinful lemon and lime infused water. Firstly, be sure you have only organic produce.
- 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 Lemon
- Cut the lemon and lime thinly. I advise you cut the rinds off because it might cause a slight bitterness in the infused water. Put the slices of lemon and lime into the pitcher, add water and ice, and place in your fridge.
Lemon Cucumber Water:
Cucumber water is loaded with plenty of vitamin and nutrients, which is an anti-inflammatory food, while lemon helps boost immunity. They are both packed antioxidants like vitamin C, which increase collagen and elastin production that results in younger skin. Cucumber also has anti-inflammatory properties that prevent water retention and silica to promote healthy connective tissues. It also contains an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in brain health and helps maintain a healthy weight. Washing your face with cucumber and lemon water helps refresh the skin, closes pores, and helps prevent oiliness. It will also interest you to know that placing a cucumber slice on the roof of your mouth may help to rid your mouth of odor-causing bacteria.
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced (about 4 inches)
- 2 cups of ice
- Slice your lemon and cucumber and add them in a large pitcher followed by ice and water. Put it in your fridge and let it sit for a few minutes. Pour in a glass and enjoy. Once your water is down to only ¼ full refill with water. It will still retain its flavor as before.