The entire body benefits from regular exercise, largely as a result of improve cardiovascular and respiratory function. Exercise enhances the transport of oxygen and nutrients into cells at the same time enhance the transport of carbon dioxide and other waste products out of cells boosting overall energy level of the body.
Physical inactivity is a major reason so many people are overweight. This is especially true for children; childhood obesity is associated inactivity than overeating.
There is strong evidence suggesting that 80 to 86% of adult obesity begins in childhood. If you have kids, get them active, let your family embrace the importance of regular exercise, If you are not active yourself make a change and get active, especially if you have weight to lose. Adults who are physically active tend to have less of a problem with weight loss. Below are importance of regular exercise and in achieving your weight loss goals.
- When weight loss is achieved by dieting without exercise, a substantial portion of the total weight loss comes from the lean tissue, primarily as water loss
- When strength training is included in a weight loss program, there is usually an improvement in body composition: an increase in muscle mass and a decrease in body fat.
- Exercise helps counter the reduction in basal metabolic rate (BMR) that usually accompanies dieting alone.
- Exercise increases the BMR for an extended period of time following the exercise session.
- Moderate to intense exercise may help suppress the appetite
- People who exercise while on a weight loss program are better able to maintain the weight loss than those who do not exercise.
Exercise promotes the efficient burning of fat. Muscle tissue is the primary user of fat calories in the body, so the greater your fat burning capacity. If you want to be healthy and achieve your ideal body weight, you must exercise.