Losing weight is not as hard as most people make it look. I guess most people search for quick fixes, like one of my friends, David. David is borderline line obese and he wouldn’t heed any of my advice when it came to weight loss. David would rather invest in fake pills that promise weight loss than live a healthy lifestyle. However, after taking these pills for the last three years he is still gaining more weight. He is now considering liposuction.
If you aren’t very active in the day and would love to lose weight, then your diet is key. Try to avoid eating junk foods. I know junk food can be tempting but discipline yourself and say no to such foods. When you take junk food into your body, you are putting more calories into your body than it needs. These foods contain large quantities of sugar, sodium, unhealthy fats, all of which promote weight gain. If you’re really serious about your weight loss goals stick to food such as lean meat, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats. These foods are low in calories and contain nutrients that help you build lean muscle and promote healthy digestion, in turn leading to weight loss. Secondly, eat smaller meals more frequently, but make sure they are healthy meals. Portioning your meals like this helps keep your metabolism higher, enabling you to burn more calories. Eating more often also ensures that your blood sugar levels stay normal and stops you from over eating. To achieve this I suggest you stick to 200 to 300 calories meals eaten two to three hours apart Remember, it’s not just about eating smaller meals frequently. You also need to spread out the nutrients with each meal you eat. For instance, eating too many carbohydrates with a particular meal can lead to fat storage, while eating too much protein can lead to constipation. According to the National Strength and Conditioning Association, you should aim to eat 20 per cent to 35 per cent of your daily calories from protein; 45 per cent to 65 per cent from carbohydrates; and about 15 percent to 25 percent from healthy fats. Apply these ratios to each meal to ensure proper nutrient intake. Some foods that can help you lose weight are Hot Peppers, Green Tea, Whole Grains, Quinoa and Oats, Grapefruit and other Citrus Fruits, Lean Poultry and Fish, Beans, and Lentils, Berries, Apples, Almonds, Almond, Milk and Almond Butter, Eggs, Greek Yogurt, Spinach, and Broccoli. Another important consideration is how much water you are drinking. Water has a huge role to play in our overall health and weight loss and its best to drink hot water than cold water because hot water stays in your stomach longer than cold water and makes you feel fuller, helping to reduce your cravings. Researchers in Germany report that water consumption increases the rate at which people burn calories. Water helps facilitate the metabolic process, which in turns help you burn calories. Try to drink about eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day to stay hydrated. Below are ways to lose weight in ten days
Abdominal fat is a huge problem area for many people. The good news is that the consumption of cinnamon helps burn fat, especially in that region. Cinnamon imitates the activity of insulin in the body, which helps the body regulate its blood sugar level. Maintaining blood sugar level is very important for weight loss. Cinnamon also produces heat through metabolic situations, which helps you burn fat. Please note that ground cinnamon should be taken rather than the bark oil. The bark oil may lead to ulcers, mouth sores and mouth burning when consumed.
- Always add ground cinnamon to your beverages.
- Use cinnamon to toast your muffins by adding it on top.
- Sprinkle grounded cinnamon on your salads, dips or sauces.
- Alternatively, add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to boiling water, and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes. Add a tea bag to it and drain the mixture afterward. Add honey and drink. This should be taken twice daily to prevent fat storage on your waistline.
Honey and Cinnamon:
The honey and cinnamon recipe is as old as the hills when it comes to weight loss. My grandmother used to prescribe it back in the days. I wrote about it in great detail in the chapter about the uses of honey. Honey has a healthy glycerine index that doesn’t get absorbed into the body all at once like sugar. Cinnamon contributes immensely to weight loss by improving the function of insulin, stabilizes high blood pressure, boosts metabolism, and detoxifies and increases the energy levels in the body.
- Start by adding the cinnamon to a cup of boiling water.
- Leave it for about 15 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Let it cool for a while, and then add honey to the water.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Always remember to add honey when the mixture is cooled because honey tends to lose an ample amount of enzymes when added to hot water.
A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories and it’s a rich source of calcium, potassium, vitamin c, and peptic fiber. Warm lemon water is the perfect “good morning drink,” which helps eliminate waste products from the body. Lemon rids your body of toxins and flushes out unnecessary fat. It also prevents problems with constipation and diarrhea by ensuring smooth bowel functions.
- 1 lemon
- 1 glass of warm water
- First thing in the morning upon waking up, squeeze lemon juice into a glass of lukewarm water and drink it on an empty stomach.
- Do not take any solid food for the next 45 minutes.
Water therapy is one of the most convenient and best ways to lose weight. I’ve tried it myself and I noticed a significant amount of change on my overall wellbeing, not only concerning weight loss. But do keep in mind that this therapy is dependent on the person’s actual weight. The amount of water consumed daily must behalf of the person’s actual weight. If you weigh 100 pounds, then you have to consume about 50 ounces of water. Upon waking up early in the morning, before brushing your teeth, drink about 400-600 millilitres of clean water and wait for an hour before eating breakfast. If you do this for about a month you will begin to see a dramatic improvement in your overall health and weight.
Honey & Ginger Remedy:
I can’t overemphasize the potency of this remedy when it comes to weight loss. If you’re keen to lose weight take note of this remedy. Honey produces a natural form of sugar known as fructose. Fructose serves as a fuel for the liver to produce glucose, which signals the release of fat burning hormones in your body. Ginger is a natural appetite suppressant, which helps reduce unhealthy food cravings and boosts the metabolism.
- Start by extracting your ginger juice with a juicer.
- Add 3 tablespoons into a cup and follow it up with 3 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix thoroughly and drink this concoction twice daily.
- Within a month you will start seeing changes in your body.
Lemon, Honey, Pepper Remedy:
There’s a natural weight loss clinic near where I live. On one particular occasion, they advertised a secret weight loss potion they sold for over $50. I was curious to see this recipe, but I couldn’t justify paying that amount, so I devised a means to get it by canvassing with one of the staff members who I knew. Finally, when this recipe was in my hands, I wasn’t so thrilled and thank God I didn’t pay for it. But for what it’s worth, the recipe is very potent and it’s widely used by Indians for weight loss. Black pepper contains piperine, which prevents the formation of new fat cells in the body and reduces the fat lenses in the blood stream. Lemon, on the other hand, helps to stabilize the body’s pH level. It also contains pectin fiber, which helps prevent hunger pangs. Combining these ingredients makes for a potent weight loss potion.
- A glass of lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
Start by heating a cup of hot water. Remove from the heat and leave it to cool. Then add 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of black pepper and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix thoroughly Drink the mixture first thing upon waking up every morning.
Hot pepper can help you lose an immense amount of belly fat. Pepper contains a compound known as capsaicin, which boosts your body’s heat production. Researchers from the University of California in Los Angeles tested the compound capsaicin to see if it can actually burn fat by heating the body. The result showed that it caused an increase in the number of calories burnt. When these capsinoids are taken daily, it will greatly reduce abdominal fat and improve fat oxidation. Some peppers are definitely hotter than others, with Habanero pepper being at the top of the list with the highest amount of capsaicin. Cayenne pepper also has a good amount of capsaicin, which can greatly increase the fat burning process.
How to use Hot Pepper:
- Add raw, cooked, dried or powdered pepper to your soup
Or include habanero pepper or cayenne pepper in your diet to increase the fat burning process.
Studies conducted by a group of researchers led by Michelle Wien, Dr. P.H., R.D show that almonds help with weight loss. Almonds can help suppress your cravings and make you feel fuller. They contain monounsaturated fat, protein, and fiber, which also contributes to minimizing hunger pangs. Almond prevents fats and calories from being absorbed by your body. It also contains oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat helping to decrease the body’s cholesterol levels. A particular study shows that people who ate at least an ounce of almonds daily were found to have their LDL cholesterol level dramatically decreased, which lowers the risk of incurring heart-related conditions.
How to use almonds:
- Immerse a handful of almonds in water and leave them overnight. Eat the soaked almonds very early in the morning. Repeat this daily to get rid of stomach fat.
- You can also include almonds in your breakfast, or add them to your juices or smoothies. Or simply chew a handful of almonds daily.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Water
Apple cider vinegar is a rich source of pectin, and when included in your diet it helps make you feel fuller and more satisfied. It also helps lower blood sugar and insulin levels, so it makes total sense that it might also help with weight loss. It’s a known fact that acids help with the digestion of protein, which is the building blocks for the growth hormone. Likewise, the hormone helps in breaking down of fat cells. So by increasing the acid in your stomach before meals you will make room for thorough digestion and increase the availability of protein for hormone synthesis. Greater protein utilization helps the formation of growth hormones, the substance that keeps the body’s metabolism going while the body is at rest. This is why it’s advisable to drink apple cider vinegar before each meal. On the other hand, lemon is rich in vitamin C and has been shown to greatly aid in weight loss. Lemons promote your body’s production of digestive enzymes by the liver.
- 1 bottle of water
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Start by adding one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water, followed by one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Drink this concoction at least once a day for best results.
Lemon Juice and Hot Water
Many people have had great results with hot lemon and water. My mum can testify to that, as she lost am ample amount of weight by following this simple remedy first thing every morning for a period of one month. Hot lemon water comes with a powerful agent that improves your chances of weight loss. This recipe’s potency can be attributed to vitamin C and antioxidants of lemon coupled with the digestion improving ability of hot water. This combination helps stimulate the digestive process, and drinking warm water will slightly raise your body heat, allowing for a slight increase in thermogenesis, the process your body uses to burn calories from the foods you eat. Also, lemons are diuretic, which means they help to get rid of water weight. Drinking this concoction with a meal will also stimulate the production of gastric juices to get a head start on digesting your food. On the other hand, hot water has been widely advocated as a laxative, which helps relieve constipation by helping you pass softer stools.
- One bottle of water
- Lemon juice
Start by warming up your water and allow it to cool to a bearable temperature. Then squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon into the hot water and drink it.
There are several claims that dandelion extract can be used to achieve weight loss. These claims are mainly because of its diuretic effect and getting rid of water weight. Drinking a cup of dandelion tea before meals promote fat and cholesterol breakdown in your body while stimulating secretions. It’s also important to know that dandelion extract does not increase fat metabolism or thermogenesis, and this makes its weight loss claims a little weak. Combined with some fat reducing spices, dandelion tea not only tastes good but helps reduce belly fat, which is due to water retention.
- Dandelion root (roasted) 1 tbsp OR dandelion root powder (roasted)
- 1tsp Fresh ginger (minced)
- Cardamom seeds from 1 cardamom
- Cinnamon bark, half inch piece
- Mint leaves, 4-5
- 1 cup of water
Put all the ingredients in a bowl of water.
Place the bowl of water over the heat and bring it to the boil for about 10 minutes. Strain the tea and drink. You can add honey if you wish. You can drink two to four cups a day.
There are several claims that cabbage can be used to burn fat, but are these claims really true? The truth is that cabbage will not burn fat from your body, but it is still ideal for achieving weight loss because it’s low in calories. One important reason why people associate cabbage with weight loss is due to the presence of tartaric acid. Tartaric acid prevents sugar and carbohydrates from being converted into fat in the body. Personally, I hate eating cabbage raw, but I get a lot of raw cabbage in my diet through juicing. You can also add raw cabbage to your salad or smoothies.
Hot Water Remedy:
Switching from cold water to hot water can really help your weight loss goals. Hot water stays in your stomach for a bit longer than cold water and cold water is absorbed a little bit faster than hot water. When you drink a cup of hot water you will feel fuller for a bit longer than if you drink the same amount of cold water. This remedy is helpful if you are trying to avoid snacking and over eating. Personally, I’ve observed that drinking hot water helps me go through the day without consuming unnecessary calories. Hot water also flushes out fats from your vessels, which in turn helps you to lose weight.
I added cucumber to the list because cucumber contains 90 percent water content and 13.25 calories. Cucumber is rich in vitamin A, C, and E, which helps eliminate toxins from the body. If your goal is to lose weight I suggest you include cucumber in your diet, which helps you lower your calorie intake and shed pounds. A medium peeled cucumber has just 24 calories, while a large unpeeled cucumber has just 45 calories. Since cucumbers are this low in calories it makes perfect sense that including them in your diet is beneficial for weight loss, because they will fill you up when you are following a calorie-controlled diet.
Green tea is another well-known remedy for weight loss. It contains about 25 milligrams of caffeine per 8 ounces. Caffeine found in green tea is partly responsible for its weight loss effects. It also aids in weight loss by reducing your appetite and boosting metabolism. Also, the compound epigallocatechin-3-gallate found in green tea helps prevent weight gain and obesity by limiting the absorption of fat and enhancing the body’s capacity to use fat for energy that is required to carry out various functions. You can have three to four cups of green tea daily for weight loss. Below is a simple fat burning green tea you can try.
- Green tea leaves or green tea bag
- 1 cup of hot water
- 4-5 mint/basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of Honey
- Start by adding green tea and mint leaves into a cup or bowl of boiling water.
- Remove from the heat and leave it to steep for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and add lemon juice and honey.
- Drink three to four cups daily after meals.
Garlic and Lemon Remedy
You might already know that garlic is good for your cardiovascular system as it reduces both systolic and diastolic blood pressure, as well as triglycerides, apart from increasing good cholesterol. You might, however, not know that garlic has excellent anti-obesity properties too. Every minute our body cells die and our body makes new cells to replace them. Adipocytes (also called lipocytes and fat cells) are the cells in our body which primarily compose adipose tissue (body fat). In the adipose tissue, there undergoes a process where pre-adipocytes are converted into a full-fledged adipose tissue or fat. This process is known as adipogenesis. Studies show that garlic inhibits this process of adipogenesis or the process of making fat. In simple language, garlic stops your pre-fat cells from converting into fat cells. So, you might like to add garlic into your daily diet. However, raw garlic is more beneficial when you want to lose belly fat.
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Water
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the cup of water and add the juice of garlic clove into the lemon water.
- Drink the resulting mixture. Repeat this every morning on an empty stomach.
- You will start losing belly fat within two weeks.
Cranberry juice can help you burn belly fat by boosting your metabolism. Cranberries are high in organic acid, which acts as digestive enzymes. These enzymes help flush out fat deposits that get stuck in the lymphatics. Cranberry juice also helps prevent various infections of the bladder and helps to increase the overall energy levels of the body.
- Cranberry juice
- 7 ounces of water
- Mix one ounce of pure cranberry juice with 7 ounces of water.
- Drink this mixture very early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Alternatively, you can add lemon juice to the mixture to speed up the fat burning process.
Yes, it’s true, coconut oil can really help you lose those unwanted fats, but definitely not by eating it. Rather by substituting it with other fats. Unlike most other saturated fats, coconut oil doesn’t get packed away as fat. It is sent straight to the liver to be metabolized, giving you an energy boost. This energy makes exercising easier, which in turn helps you to lose weight. It also acts as an appetite suppressant. Just by taking 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, you can greatly reduce your cravings. Coconut oil is also thermogenic, which means that it heats up the body internally and helps to burn fat. A particular study was conducted in reducing abdominal fat, a group of women were divided into two groups. One group were given 2 teaspoons of coconut oil for a period of 28 days, while the other group was given soybeans oil for the same amount of days. Both groups lost 2 pounds but the group fed with coconut oil reduced their waistline while the other group had a mild increase of belly fat.
How to use coconut oil to reduce belly fat:
- Replace other oil you use daily with coconut oil
- Minimize your intake of coconut oil to 2 tablespoons a day
- Incorporate a whole food diet to your lifestyle, along with coconut oil.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
If you really want to burn belly fat then omega-3 / fish oil is highly recommended as it helps break down fat around the waistline. You can either take 6g of the supplement or eat salmon or mackerel twice a week. For a rapid result, I suggest you add chia seeds to the mix. These seeds are high in protein, calcium, antioxidants, and it’s a good source of vitamin B.
- 6g of fish oil
- Fish Directions:
- Take 6g of fish oil daily to lose belly fat
- Alternatively, eat fish such as salmon, tuna, halibut or mackerel twice weekly.
Juice fasting is another great way to lose weight. Juice fasting simply means consuming nothing but green juice for a particular amount of days. It’s best to stick to vegetables if your goal is to lose weight, because fruit contains a natural sugar called fructose, which can spike your sugar level. However, you can still include citrus fruits, such as lemons. There are some rules you need to note before beginning a juice fast. To do a juice fast you need a juicer (a masticating juicer or twin gear juicer is preferable because those kinds of juicers do well with vegetables). Juice fasts will not only help you lose weight but also help in cleansing and detoxifying your body and nourishing it with the required antioxidants.
This herbal treatment is very effective and I usually recommend this to my clients who are undergoing a juice fast program. This herbal cleanse is very effective for weight loss and I can guarantee you that this is one of the recipes that works best for burning belly fat.
The ingredients are listed below:
- Cucumbers are low in calories and act as a diuretic. They are also high in dietary fiber, and water content, which helps flush out fat from the body, keeping the body in an alkaline state.
A study from the Institute for Human Nutrition at Columbia University showed that when participants drank a hot beverage with ginger, they felt fuller and had less chance of overeating. Ginger also creates internal heat that revs your metabolism. A particular study proves that people who include ginger in their diet will lose about 20 percent more weight than people who don’t.
Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which suppresses food cravings and helps the body eliminate waste products by cleansing and detoxifying it. They are also alkaline forming and aid in blasting belly fat.
- Mint suppresses your appetite and stops cravings. It also soothes the tummy after eating food.
- Water is the essence of life. It keeps your body hydrated, which helps slow down the fat burning process. It also lubricates your joints and muscles during exercise and helps the blood to supply oxygen to the muscles.
- 1 Cucumber
- 2-inch pieces of ginger
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 lemon
- 2 liters of water
- Slice all the ingredients and infuse then in water.
- Leave the mixture overnight.
- Drink the liquid content first thing in the morning on an empty stomach Alternatively, juice them all together with a juicing machine.
- Do this daily to get complete relief from belly fat.
Deciding What Foods to Eat:
Our poor lifestyle choices can greatly influence weight gain. Indulge yourself in good eating habits and lifestyle choices.
Below is a checklist of things we should bear in mind during your journey to blast belly fat:
- Do not eat any foods that don’t grow in nature.
- Do not eat any foods that your great grandmother cannot recognise as food.
- Do not eat any food that you see on TV commercials.
Avoid Foods That Contain Additives:
- Additives are placed in food to increase their shelve life and to make food more appealing by enhancing their colour, texture or taste. Certain additives, such as aspartame, are made synthetically. Additives simply add no nutritional value to food products, and some can pose a threat to your health.
Protein Meal Twice a Day:
- There is a saying that goes like this, ‘more protein, less fat.’ Protein and fats cannot co-exist. If your goal is to lose weight endeavor to consume a protein-rich meal at least twice daily, more preferably for breakfast.
Consume Low-Calorie Food:
- The trick about weight loss is to consume low-calorie foods and avoid fried foods, which are high in saturated fat.
Go for Sprouts Than Fatty Snacks :
- Sprouts provide better nutrients than any other snack. They are rich in nutrients and have fewer calories, and when consumed they aid in weight loss.
Increase Your Consumption of Raw Produce:
- The healthiest foods are those that have been grown organically without the use of insecticides, herbicides or artificial fertilizers. When choosing your fruits and vegetables look for those that are at their peak of ripeness. They usually contain more vitamins and enzymes than the over-ripe or under-ripe. Most fruit and vegetables should be eaten in their entirety, since all their parts contain valuable nutrients, for example, the watermelon. When eating the citrus flesh remove the rinds but eat the white part because it’s rich in vitamin C and bioflavonoid content.
Avoid Over-Cooking Foods:
- Raw food has many advantages over cooked food, but obviously, some food can’t be eaten raw. When foods are cooked to the point of browning or charring, the organic compound they contain undergoes changes in structure by producing carcinogens. Endeavour to eat your vegetables raw. If that is a big deal for you, feel free to juice them or make a smoothie.
Use proper Cooking Utensils:
- Although this is in no way related to weight loss, when cooking, it is important to use the right cookware, which includes glass, stainless steel or iron pots, and pans. Do not use aluminium cookware or utensils. Aluminium produces a substance that neutralizes the digestive juices leading to acidosis and ulcers. Sometimes the aluminium leaches from the pot into the food. When the food is finally consumed the aluminium is absorbed by the body where it accumulates in the brain and nervous systems, which can eventually lead to Alzheimer’s disease.
Limit Your Use of Salt
- Excess sodium intake can lead to fluid retention in the tissues, which eventually leads to hypertension and can aggravate many medical conditions, including congestive heart failure, certain forms of kidney disease, and premenstrual syndrome. The best way to reduce salt intake is to reduce the amount of junk food you consume, which is high in sodium.
Cut the Junk Out
- Try to cut junk food out of your diet. Those foods we can easily grab on the road, such as pizzas, hamburgers, French fries, soda, meat pies, and all forms of processed foods. Artificial sweeteners in these foods can greatly increase your body fat. Instead, go for natural and easy snacks such as cashews, almonds, and smoothies. These foods are healthier for your body and immune system.
Avoid Carbonized Drinks:
- I know it can be tempting but avoid any carbonized drinks. Instead of carbonized drinks try lime juice, green tea, or tender coconut water.
Cut Down On Diet Soda
- You might think that because it’s less sweet, it’s healthy. Boy, you are making a big mistake! Diet sodas contain artificial sugar to make it less sweet than normal soda. However, it is still unhealthy for you, so cut them out.
Keep A Count of Your BMI And BMR:
- It’s imperative that you check your Body’s Metabolic Index (BMI) and Body Metabolic Rate (BMR) often. Doing this will let you know the amount of calories you should consume, and the amount of calories that are already burnt in your body, giving you better clarity about your body.
Drink More Water:
- Drink as much water as you can throughout the day. Regular intake of water helps flush out toxins or wastes from the body while keeping it well hydrated. It improves active metabolism and your overall health. Drink at least one 8 oz glass of water or 64 ounces of water per day to get the needed benefits.
Reduce Your Sugar Level:
- Stick to only natural sources of sugar (Fructose), which are complex carbohydrates. Your body can easily convert complex carbohydrates into sugar, which are beneficial to the body. The bad sugar comes from mostly processed carbohydrates from white breads and other forms of junks.
Maintain Your Sugar Level
- A normal fasting (no food for eight hours) blood sugar level is between 70 and 99 mg/dL, while a normal blood sugar level two hours after eating is less than 140 mg/dL. Your sugar level shouldn’t go above 140 mg/dl, because your pancreas starts producing more insulin to convert the sugar into fat.
Do Not Skip Meals:
- Don’t starve yourself because you want to lose weight. Instead, eat a proper balanced diet. Skipping meals will only make your body go into survival mode and start storing the food in the form of fat. It’s important you have breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily in your diet. But it’s best to have short in between meals rather than three big meals.
Increase Intake of Omega 3 Fatty Acids:
- Foods such as salmon and tuna are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help you lose belly fat.
Increase Intake of Vitamin C:
- Foods such as lemons, oranges, kiwis, and strawberries are rich in vitamin C, which helps to burn abdominal fat, making you look slim, fit and healthy.
Eat Fiber Rich Foods:
- Fiber is classified into the soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber dissolves into a gel-like texture, helping your digestion to slow down. This makes you feel full, which greatly helps with weight management. Soluble fiber can be derived from foods such as cucumber, blueberries, beans, and nuts. While Insoluble fiber helps food move through your digestive tract quicker for healthy elimination. Insoluble fiber can be found in foods such as dark green leafy vegetables, green beans, celery, and carrots.
- Proper exercise is a very important way to lose weight and stay fit. If you can’t find time to hit the gym there are various free weight exercises you can do from the comfort of your own home, like the bodyweight squat for your legs, incline push-up for your chest, hip thrust for your abs, walking lunge for your legs, standard push-ups for your chest, and crunch for your abs. All you need is to dedicate a particular time of the day for this, preferably in the morning. Not being able to go to the gym shouldn’t be an excuse. You can also go for morning or evening walks or jogs.
With all these said, I know you are getting confused about where to start. Below is a 10 days weight loss plan I created to guide you. Feel free to tweak it to suit your lifestyle.