Dandruff can be triggered by trauma, illness, hormonal imbalances, improper carbohydrate consumption, and the consumption of sugar. Deficiencies of nutrients such as the B-complex vitamin, essential fatty acids, and selenium have been linked to dandruff as well. Dandruff is normally worse in the winter months.
Dandruff is an annoying and embarrassing problem but is rarely serious. Most hair care company will tell you that there products cure dandruff but the truth is that there is no cure for dandruff, but the condition can be minimized
• Thyme can be used to rinse the hair
• Apply Aloe Vera gel twice daily due to its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
• Those with dandruff can benefit from taking dandelion, goldenseal, and red clover
Caution: Do not take goldenseal internally on daily basis for more than one week at a time. Do not use it during pregnancy or if you are breast-feeding, and use with caution if you are allergic to ragweed, if you have history of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, or glaucoma, use it only under a doctor’s supervision.
Recommendations on ways to minimize the effects dandruff:
• Eat a diet consisting of 50 to 75 percent raw food. Eat sourced products such as yoghurt
• Before washing your hair, add about 8 tablespoon of pure organic peanuts oil to the juice of half lemon and rub the mixture into scalp. Leave on for 5 to minutes, then shampoo..
• Apply onion juice for about minutes, covered with a shower cap and rinsed afterwards
• Try rinsing your hair with vinegar and water instead of plain water after shampooing. Use ½ cup vinegar to 1 quart of water
• Take extra B-complex vitamins. Also take an acidophilus supplement to replace the “friendly” bacteria that are destroyed by antibiotics
• Always use less oily natural hair products that do not contain chemicals to wash the hair, massaging the scalp before washing is important.
• Avoid shampoo that contains selenium
• If symptoms seem to be getting worse, or if it appears in areas other than the scalp, consult your health care provider
Considerations on ways to minimize the effects dandruff:
• Some people say that sun exposure helps clear dandruff while some other say the opposite
• It’s best not to use over the counter ointments for dandruff. It can create more harm than good.